- Data is owned by the university – it does not belong to any specific unit.
- Data is a university asset that should be leveraged, managed, and protected, and its governance is a shared institutional responsibility.
- Data should be corrected at the source system when possible.
- Data quality enforcement and improvement is ultimately the responsibility of the system owners.
- Data stewards should determine approaches for remediation and ensure remediation task assignments are completed in a timeline consistent with university priorities.
PrioritizeAligning data governance priorities with university strategic objectives
Define & DocumentIdentify core data
Document assumptions, source system, logic applied, etc.
CertifyFormal certification process
Data Quality Scorecards
Change ControlChange evaluation process
Communication channel & notifications
Security/AccessData available to appropriate user at appropriate summarization level
Obscuring data for small sample sizes
Prevention of accidental or intentional data breach