Because of legal, ethical, or other constraints, this data requires authorization to be accessed. Access will typically be granted by job or system access roles. It is recommended that this data is encrypted while being stored or transmitted.
Examples of restricted data include the following:
- Donor/prospect contact information and non-public gift information
- Audit reports
- Individually identifiable data on race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information
- Competitive business information
- Faculty/staff employment applications, personnel files, benefits, birth date, personal contact information
- Location data for devices connected to KU wired and wireless networks
- Data subject to non-disclosure agreements
- Conflict of Interest disclosures
- Bulk email addresses
See the Data Handling Guide for appropriate storage and sending of restricted data.