This data may be accessed by employees of the university for purposes of university business.
Examples of internal data include the following:
- Salary information, student and employee ID numbers
- Engineering, design, and operational information regarding KU facilities and infastructure
- Non-public policies and policy manuals
- Unpublished grant proposals
- Research data
- Manuscripts and associated correspondence that are not subject to other confidentiality requirements (at data owner's discretion)
- Summarized data on race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information, budgetary information
- University planning information
- Non-public financial and procurement information.
See the Data Handling Guide for appropriate storage and sending of internal data.