Benefits of Data Governance
From Dataversity (http://www.dataversity.net/what-is-data-governance)
- Lower costs associated with other areas of data management.
- More accurate procedures around regulation and compliance activities.
- Greater transparency within any data-related activities.
- Help with instituting better training and educational practices around the management of data assets.
- Increase in value of an organization's data.
- Ability to provide standardized data systems, data policies, data procedures, and data standards.
- Better resolution of past and current data issues.
- Improved monitoring and tracking mechanisms for data quality and other data-related activities.
- Overall enterprise revenue growth.